Caterpillar Quilt Top Completed

It’s been a long while since I updated this blog as I’ve been really up to my neck with my new job & Edith’s PSLE.

My Project Caterpillar quilt top was finally completed a few months ago. Couldn’t find the time to progress further till this weekend, when I pushed myself to be on the ball again to get onto the next stage – basting!

To be frank, I dreaded this stage as I was very freaked out by the gigantic size of the quilt. Finished top is an enormous 70″x92″, my biggest quilt so far! I took the plunge anyhow and spent a good 5 hrs basting it this afternoon. Yes, you heard it right…5 hrs! I had it spray basted with the help of Edith & Eponine. They were a true blessing to me as I would not be able to manage this arduous task without their help.

Well I’m very glad I took up this challenge. Here’s how it looks like after basting. Now, on to a greater challenge – machine quilting! I’m not sure how long it would take me, but I will try my best to quilt more regularly, so it can be ready as a pressie for Ponine’s birthday in April 2013. :)

Leave a Reply